Executive Director: Homeward Pet Adoption Center is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. Homeward Pet Adoption Center is one of the leading non-profit, no-kill animal shelters in Washington State. Our mission is to give homeless animals a second chance through rescue, shelter and adoption.
Located in Woodinville, Homeward Pet finds new homes for over 1600 cats and dogs, puppies and kittens every year. In operation since 1990, we are dedicated to providing excellent care to our animals, and great service to our two-legged visitors. (www.homewardpet.org)Making Our Mission Work
As a privately funded 501(c) (3) charity, we rely completely on donor support to help us provide food, shelter, vet care and more to each homeless cat or dog in our care. Over 75% of every dollar donated goes to the care of our animals.
Tax ID#: 91-1526803 Executive DirectorCORE RESPONSIBILITIESDevelopment and Fundraising (70%)
· Implements a formalized major gift plan and/or capital campaign including donor cultivation and solicitation activities.
· Actively nurtures relationships with key donors.
· Works closely with the Development Manager to provide overall leadership and oversight for all fundraising activities, engaging board members and other volunteers in this effort.
· Seeks and secures new, diverse and supportable revenue sources in line with the Organization's mission.
· Identifies prospects and works closely with the development team on the portfolio of active and potential major donors, including strategies. Public Relations and Communications (10%)
· Oversees comprehensive marketing and communications plans for the organization.
· Serves as the key spokesperson through active community involvement to increase awareness and visibility of Homeward Pet Adoption Center with a diverse range of constituents.
· Establishes collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including community organizations.Infrastructure (10%)
· Maintains a collaborative, supportive, team-based organization with a focus on staff development.
· Provides guidance and direction for team leads in the areas of programs, finance, fundraising, and operations.
· Oversees continuance, development and implementation of high-quality programs and services.Finance and Administration (5%)
· Develops, implements, and is accountable for annual operating plans and budgets.
· Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the annual financial statement audit and 990 while working with the finance team and outside CPA firm.Board Relationships & Support (5%)
· Establishes a partnership with the Board, working to increase its engagement and effectiveness.
· Works closely with the Board to define and implement strategic priorities.
· Keeps the Board informed of the Organization’s activities, progress, opportunities, and issues on a regular basis.
· Coordinates the Board agenda for the quarterly Board meeting and annual Board retreat.KEY QUALIFICATIONS
· Demonstrated track record in fundraising including major donor solicitation from individuals and institutions as well as relationship building.
· Proven ability in nonprofit fiscal management, including budget preparation.
· Proven ability to provide leadership and inspiration to staff and volunteers.
· Experience in establishing partnership relationships with Boards of Directors and other strategic stakeholders.
· Strong public speaking, written and interpersonal relationship skills.
· Experience in application of information technologies to nonprofit operational needs and achievement of goals.
If interested, submit your resume, cover letter (optional) and salary requirements in confidence to Alan Keefe, Board President, at email@example.com
. If you have questions about the position, please call 206.794.2223.