The Development Assistant is responsible for providing support services for the Development Team, working effectively with team members to achieve development goals. This support includes, but is not limited to, maintaining efficient and effective relationships with potential/current donors, community members and other stakeholders; assisting in all agency efforts regarding the solicitation, recording, sending of receipts, and acknowledgement of financial gifts, as well as maintaining the donor database and train other development team members on Raiser's Edge as needed. This position assists with special events, volunteer coordination, agency presentations, marketing materials, website and production of printed materials, and all other development activities.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at Friends of Youth. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description. For a full job description visit: http://friendsofyouth.org/employment.aspx
1. A bachelor's degree in liberal arts, business administration, communications or other related field preferred.
2. Two to three years of administrative experience in a development/non-profit environment.
3. Two years of experience with Raiser's Edge, including managing queries, building reports, global changes, coding tables, and data manipulation.
4. Event planning experience preferred.
1. Commitment to agency's mission.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Team player within a diverse working environment.
5. Ability to develop strategic communications content and vehicles.
6. Comfortable interacting with executive level staff of partner organizations and presenting a professional demeanor at all times.
7. Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when needed.
BENEFITS: Friends of Youth provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, vacation leave, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send cover letter and resume to Jackie Schultz at email@example.com
ABOUT FRIENDS OF YOUTH:
Founded in 1951, Friends of Youth provides a comprehensive range of shelter, housing, counseling and prevention services for youth and young adults and their families in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. Friends of Youth is the primary provider of services for homeless youth and young adults in East King County. Services include street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living programs, supported permanent housing, employment and mental health support.
To learn more about Friends of Youth, please visit our web site at www.friendsofyouth.org