TOWN HALL SEATTLE
Town Hall Seattle, a unique and dynamic civic and cultural organization, seeks a full-time Social Media Coordinator
to further drive engagement with our online audiences, and facilitate connections within our community.
Founded in 1998 and now serving more than 100,000 attendees through more than 400 events annually, Town Hall fosters community and creativity through arts, education, humanities and civic programs. In addition to annual operations, Town Hall is in the midst of a capital campaign to fund the refurbishment of our 100-year-old building, beginning later in 2017. With the start of construction we will take our programs to neighborhoods around Seattle for the 2017-2018 season. Job Title:
Social Media CoordinatorReports to:
Director of Marketing and Communications
Town Hall Seattle is looking for a person who has online social grace, as well as a sharp eye for fresh and relevant content. Someone who is a great social media story-teller, and knows how to speak with
people, not at them. A lover of the social space who is flexible and fluid when matching content with a diverse range of channels, and has an appreciation of what it takes to engage the public and make them feel part of a vibrant and growing organization. If you’re ready to take your career in social media and digital communications to the next level, then Town Hall Seattle is looking for you as their Social Media Coordinator. Responsibilities
- Gathering and driving input and requirements from multiple partners to a shared online result
- Creating a monthly content calendar supporting all of Town Hall Seattle’s social media programs and communications
- Translating marketing goals into usable online visitor experiences
- Producing compelling content and deploying it across the most effective communication channels. Includes but is not limited to: Tweets, blog posts, photos, short video, Facebook updates, e-newsletters, etc
- Managing those channels on a day to day basis, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and e-mail, as well as carrying out daily updates to the website
- Helping to develop an e-mail marketing strategy and programming process
- Cultivating and building a lively and engaged online community
- Strategizing and executing paid ad campaigns within a social media context
- Evaluating and optimizing the content and production, as well as paid efforts, based on relevant data
- Producing performance reports for the wider organization
- Producing live content during select events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Complete mastery of English language; bilingual a plus
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts in a professional or business setting (at least 2 years experience in a professional setting preferred)
- Expert in social media channels, management tools, and best practices; staying at the forefront of new social media trends and tools
- Basic knowledge of WordPress; some HTML a plus
- Impeccably organized and able to multitask with ease
- Basic photography skills
- Able to work outside of business hours by request
- Wages: DOE.
- Position is full-time (40 hours/week), hourly, non-exempt.
- Benefits package includes fully-paid medical and dental insurance, fully-subsidized bus pass, and matched 403(b) plan. Generous vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Reflecting the creativity and concerns of our region, Town Hall’s program aspires to host the broadest possible range of voices and interests. Diversity within the organization’s staff advances our mission and work. Consequently, Town Hall supports the goals of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action as essential to its institutional values, and to a democratic and pluralistic society.
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Social Media Coordinator in the subject line.
- Resumes requested by Feb. 24, 2017, but position will remain open until filled.
For more information about Town Hall or to access this job description online, please visit our website at: www.townhallseattle.org.