The Community Grant Writer is responsible for securing grant-based funding from private, corporate and community foundations. The Grant Writer is the project lead for all grant-writing projects to which he or she is assigned. The grant writer is responsible for the completion of all research, writing, production, delivery, follow-up, evaluation and measurement functions associated with the assigned grant-writing projects.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Experience in fundraising and community relations.
3. Experience in computers, word processing and donor tracking programs.
4. Valid Washington State driver’s license, car insurance, and reliable vehicle.
5. Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of Youth vehicles on agency business must have a safe driving record as defined by Friends of Youth. Employees or volunteers who operate their own vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth business must carry auto liability insurance that complies with the requirements of Friends of Youth.
6. Education and experience in cultural competency.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Proven grant writing and verbal skills.
3. Excellent research, analysis and organization skills.
4. Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when needed.
5. Ability to work as a part of a team effort and within limited budgets.
6. Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences and commitment to the value of cultural competency.
BENEFITS: Friends of Youth provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, vacation leave, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send cover letter and resume to Emily Stallman at email@example.com
ABOUT FRIENDS OF YOUTH: Founded in 1951, Friends of Youth provides a comprehensive range of shelter, housing, counseling and prevention services for youth and young adults and their families in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. Friends of Youth is the primary provider of services for homeless youth and young adults in East King County. Services include residential treatment, street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living programs, supported permanent housing, employment and mental health support.
To learn more about Friends of Youth and to see a complete job description, please visit our web site at www.friendsofyouth.org